Seminar : Create Added Value Thanks to Machine Learning
as of 08:45
The volume of data collected by companies has exploded in recent years, leading to the concept of ‘Big Data’. If properly processed, this data represents a significant wealth of information, with immense potential to help the business improve its decision-making process. However, experience tends to show that, for many companies, exploiting this data remains a real challenge.
This seminar is organised by HEC Liège Executive Education and the HEC Digital Lab.
- 09:00 DAY 1 - Overview of fundamental machine learning concepts ▶ Types of machine learning algorithms ▶ Learning processes ▶ Understanding your data
- 10:45 Algorithms (Implementation/Demonstration) ▶ Prediction/Regression ▶ Classification/Decision Tree ▶ Market Basket/Rules of Association
- 14:00 Group work (part 1) ▶ Definition & presentation of a problem within your company ▶ Discussion about machine learning solutions
- 15:30 Best practices for machine learning implementation
- 17:00 Debrief of day 1
- 08:45 DAY 2 - Understanding user needs ▶ Analysis of needs ▶ Confrontations with strengths/weaknesses of machine learning
- 10:45 Data collection ▶ Web scrapping (demonstration) ▶ Data processing
- 14:00 Group work (Part 2): How to address the defined problem (Part 1) with machine learning? ▶ Which data, methods? ▶ Best practice for implementation? ▶ Expected impact, resistance to change?
- 15:15 Work presentation
- 17:00 Conclusions and closing exchanges
Ashwin ITTOOProfessor in Management Information Systems // HEC Liège
Ashwin Ittoo is a full Professor in Management Information Systems at HEC Liège and researcher at the Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology. He is a member of the editorial and review boards of several Elsevier journals, and has a strong international corporate background.
For more information about this seminar, visit the HEC Liège Executive Education website.