Seminar: Customer Experience & Gamification in the Digital Era
as of 08:45
Thanks to this seminar, you will be able to understand, design and implement innovative customer experience and journeys, with a human-centered approach and with the purpose of creating and capturing value. You will discover how to create and reinforce engagement thanks to behavioral design and gamification. You will benefit from examples and proven technique applications to improve your customer experience and design captivating journeys.
This seminar is organised by HEC Liège Executive Education and the HEC Digital Lab.
- 09:00 DAY 1 ▶ Introduction: Focus on customer experience ▶ Overview of experience economics and customer experience ▶ Scope and applications of customer experience in marketing ▶ Why and how to view customer experiences (overview)
- 10:45 ▶ The digitalization of the customer experience ▶ Forming working groups and choosing topics ▶ Theories relevant to understanding consumer behavior and its relationship to technology ▶ Persona creation exercise
- 14:00 ▶ Technologies and storytelling ▶ Focus on different technologies and how they fit into the organization ▶ Focus on (digital) storytelling and its impact on customer experience
- 15:15 ▶ Workshop: improving (digital) customer experience ▶ Presentation of the customer experience visualization toolkit ▶ Mapping of (digital) customer experiences in groups ▶ Debriefing of group work, sharing and first draft of solutions
- 16:45 ▶ Debrief of Day 1
- 09:00 DAY 2 ▶ Engagement and Gamification ▶ Intrinsic vs. Extrinsic Motivation ▶ Player's Journey - Identification/Avatarization ▶ Persona Avatarization Exercise
- 11:15 ▶ Player's Journey and 8 ways to score engagement ▶ Onboarding - how to sublimate the beginning of a customer relationship ▶ Onboarding exercise ▶ The 8 player profiles and 8 ways to score engagement ▶ Customer journey 'scoring' exercise
- 14:00 ▶ Game mechanics and Gameplay ▶ Storytelling and Epic Sense ▶ Achievement pathway ▶ Social influence ▶ Exercise in applying the above 3 levers
- 15:45 ▶ Game mechanics and gameplay ▶ Possession ▶ Surprise, scarcity, impatience ▶ Unpredictability ▶ Fear of missing out, fear of losing ▶ Exercise applying the above levers
- 16:45 ▶ Final Debrief
Laurence DESSARTProfessor in the Marketing and innovation department group of HEC Liège
Dominique MANGIATORDIEntrepreneur en marketing numérique et passionné de gamification
Laurence Dessart is a professor in the Marketing and Service Innovation group at HEC Liège. She has worked in the online marketing sector in Shanghai for an advertising network and holds a PhD in marketing from the University of Glasgow (UK).
Dominique Mangiatordi is a digital marketing entrepreneur and gamification enthusiast, founder of the digital agency Globule Bleu and today CEO and founder of ØPP, the first start-up studio dedicated to gamification.
For more information on the seminar, visit the HEC Liège Executive Education website.